The PDC World Cup and World Series event Nordic Darts Masters in Copenhagen is set to be played in September – be sure to know the criterias for qualifying.
Due to the lack of PDCNB tournaments between 1 may 2020 and annual cut off date of 30 April, the qualifying criteria for this years World Cup of Darts will include the upcoming Pro Tour events in Iceland. These events will also be used as part of the minimum 6 tournament qualifying criteria for 2022 World Cup, cut off date 30th April 2022.
The PDC World Cup of Darts is due to start at September 9. All the criterias for qualifying can be seen below:
The selection process used to determine which players will be invited to represent their country (if and when their country is chosen to be part of the tournament) is as follows:
1. Highest placed PDC Tour Card Holders* and/or PDPA associate Members ** on PDC Order of Merit.
2. Highest placed PDC Tour Card Holders* and/or PDPA associate Members ** on PDC European Tour Order of Merit.
3. Highest placed non PDPA members on PDC or PDC European Tour Order of Merit.
4. Players with highest total amount of points accumulated from competing in first 5 PDCNB & Euro Tour events on Iceland 2021.
* Full PDPA Member
** Q-School entrants that did not achieve full tour status.
Also in September, more precise at September 17, the Nordic Darts Masters will start in Copenhagen. It is already decided that we will see Darius Labanauskas, Madars Razma, Daniel Larsson and Marko Kantele as four of the eight “home nation” participants.
The last four will be found due to the following criterias:
1. The top three Danish players on the PDC Nordic & Baltic Order of Merit after the events in Iceland will qualify for the event.
2. The last spot will go to the winner of the Viaplay Nordic Darts Masters Qualification, which also features alongside the PDCNB Pro Tour events in Iceland.